My Top 5 reasons why DANCE MATTERS!
There is SO MUCH MORE to this dancing thing. It gives you a gift that many other art forms can not, and it aids in creating a well rounded individual, inside and outside the studio. I wanted to compile a list of reasons why dance education is more than the steps and the benefits to the individual. I came across a book entitled Partnering Dance and Education which describes 15 reasons why dance education benefits young minds.
I narrowed the list down to my top 5 reasons why dance education is so AMAZING!
1) Dance education aids the development of Kinesthetic Intelligence. (A learning style in which learning takes place by the students carrying out physical activities, rather than listening to a lecture or watching demonstrations.)
2) Dance education teaches the values and skills of creativity, problem solving (understanding there are multiple solutions), risk taking, making judgments in the absence of rules, and higher-order thinking skills.
3) The study of dance fosters an individual’s ability to better interpret interpersonal nonverbal communication.
4) Through stimulating all the senses, dance goes beyond verbal language in engaging dancers and promoting the development of multi-sensory beings.
5) Dance education helps students develop physical fitness, appreciation of the body, concern for sound health practices, and effective stress management approaches.
BONUS!! My 2 other favorite reasons why dance education is so special:
1) Dance education prepares people for careers in dance and other fields.
2) Dance enhances an individual’s lifelong quality of life.
So now that you have seen the real benefits to dance education, how do you know if your little one is ready for dance? Ask yourself these questions and if you answer YES than you are ready to go!!
• Does your child enjoy music and movement? • Are they confident enough to attend a class without a parent or guardian in attendance? • Is your child already familiar with a formal group structure, such as nursery or playschool? • Are they aware of the need to listen and cooperate in a group learning situation? • Is your child potty trained?
Call the studio if you are ready to take the LEAP into the magical world of dance education!! 732-223-8444
Yours in Dance,